ADVISOR PLANNING DOCS
- MESA Handbook (.pdf)
- An Action Plan (for MS and HS) (.pdf)
- MESA Advisors Recommend Best Practices Across Year (.pdf) .
- Basic MESA Attendance Roster (.pdf) | Basic MESA Attendance Roster (.xlsx)
ADVISOR TOOLS FOR INTRODUCING THE EDP
(For Use with Short Introductory Activities)
- Mini-Design Notebook - Scaffolded (.pdf)
- Mini-Design Notebook - Unscaffolded - Cornell (.pdf)
- Walking Through MESA's Engineering Design Process Presentation
- Flyer/Poster: "You Could Be an Engineer Too" with MESA Design Cycle (.pdf)
- MESA STEM Activity Archives:
TEAM PROJECT PLANNING TOOLS
- MESA Planner Pack (.pdf) Includes:
- "MESA Spec Scan. Part I" – Define the problem. ID design variables.
- "MESA Spec Scan. Part II" – Make checklist of key points, questions.
- "MESA Storm #1. Ideate" – Brainstorm 1st prototype design cycle goals.
- "MESA Storm #2: Plan" – Brainstorm overall design process goal.
- "MESA Lead Roles" – Decide who will lead what.
- "MESA Road Map" – Map the time needed for each goal.
- Basic Design Goal Checklist (.pdf) | Basic Design Goal Checklist (editable .docx)
- Team Planning Calendar (.pdf) | Team Planning Calendar (.xlsx)
(please remind students to add due dates for papers, simulations or videos)
TEAM DESIGN PROGRESS TRACKING: ALL-TEAM CHARTS
- General Goals, 1 Cycle (blank version .pdf)
- One Cycle with Notes (blank version .pdf)
- Goal Chart (blank version .pdf)
TEAM NOTEBOOK INSERTS: DESIGN PROGRESS CHARTS FOR INDIVIDUAL TEAMS & COMMON RUBRIC
- Design Notebook Insert (general .pdf)
- Design Notebook Insert (general enlarged to 11x17 .pdf)
- Design Notebook Insert (advanced .pdf)
- Arizona MESA Common Engineering Design Notebook Rubric (.pdf)
OTHER TOOLS SHARED AT MATI
(posters, curriculum, links)
- Teacher's Overview of Aligned Standards Supporting Independent Inquiry (.pdf) through Arizona MESA's Engineering Design Process. (NGSS, CCSS, and A Framework for K-12 Science Education: Practices, Cross-cutting Concepts and Core Ideas (FFK12SE).
Getting to Know Each Student and Their Parents
- Funds of Knowledge- An innovative way to assess youth learning identities, math/literacy skills, discovery-based PBL, optimization games, student and famiy interviews, 'build your dreams' projects, etc. and design activities around their experiences.
- STEM at Home
- STEM Family Nights