Parent InformationClick or enter to reveal information below
How does MESA help my student be ready for college?
- All four-year college degree programs require students to demonstrate competency in mathematics, so MESA activities and competitions can help any college-bound student.
- MESA students have access to activities, resources and events developed by the UA Office of Early Academic Outreach as part of its Start Now college knowledge campaign (startnow.arizona.edu).
How can my child participate?
Tools for MESA Student Design TeamsClick or enter to reveal information below
- Team Notebook Inserts: Design Progress Charts for Individual Teams & Common Rubric
- Design Notebook Insert (general .pdf) new!
(for teams to paste into inside flap of design notebook)
- Design Notebook Insert (general enlarged to 11x17 .pdf) new!
(larger print to fold and insert)
- Design Notebook Insert (advanced .pdf) new!
- Arizona MESA Common Engineering Design Notebook Rubric (.pdf)
- Design Notebook Insert (general .pdf) new!
- Design Essentials
- Six Weeks to MESA Day' Tools for Design Teams
- Goal Setter
- Planner - Weekly
- Planner - Monthly
- Other Tools For Self-Assessment
- Self-Assessment Tool for Design Notebooks - Scoreless
- Self-Assessment Tool for Design Notebooks - Detailed
- Design Status Chart
Youth STEM Opportunities (Summer Camps, Events, etc.)Click or enter to reveal information below
- MESA's PharmCamp
- Arizona Youth University - Summer programs offered through the University of Arizona
- UA College of Science Outreach - Lists dozens of outreach opportunities and programs from the UA College of Science
- UA for You - This site collects information from around the University of Arizona provides a connection to many opportunities that are are offered at the university.
- Keep Engaging Youth in Science (KEYS) - Summer opportunity for motivated Arizona high school students with a strong interest in bioscience, engineering, environmental health, or biostatistics to work side-by-side with faculty in UA laboratories
- Med-Start - Summer academic enrichment program for rising 11th grade students with a strong interest in a health career
A Note on Camps That Aren't Free: If some camps are too expensive, call their office to to see if they offer full scholarships - which many have done in the past.
College Planning ResourcesClick or enter to reveal information below
- StartNow! and its sister site EmpiezaHoy! provide a one-stop shop for everything you need to know about college - and links to get you there.
- Apply for Summer Camps and Internships - When you apply to college, you can share these learning and leadership experiences in your application.
- ACT - Information about the ACT, college planning, and financial aid
- College Board - Information about the SAT, PSAT, college planning, and financial aid
- Tucson Metropolitan Education Commission's Regional College Access Center - Information about local events, homework help, career exploration, college planning, and financial aid
- College Depot - College Depot is a free, full-service college access center located at Burton Barr Central Library in downtown Phoenix. Our team of college planning advisors and assistants offer one-on-one appointments and workshops regarding admissions, financial aid, and scholarships.
College Search ResourcesClick or enter to reveal information below
- Affordable Degrees On-line - Ranks universities based on their affordability for lower-income families.
- College Results On-line - Examine colleges' graduation rates, and see how those rates have changed over time. Compare graduation rates of similar colleges serving similar students, learn about colleges' track records in graduating diverse groups of students.
- Big Future - A website by the College Board that allows students to research colleges by a number of factors.
- College Navigator - A college search tool from the National Center for Education Statistics.
- Fast-Web College Search - A college search from Fast Web, a popular scholarship search service.
Financial Aid ResourcesClick or enter to reveal information below
- Financial Aid Estimator - Provided by the UA Office of Student Financial Aid
- Finaid.org - The most comprehensive financial aid site on the internet
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Fastweb.com - Free scholarship search service
- Earn to Learn - Need-based funds matching scholarship program for students planning to attend one of the three Arizona universities
Math and Science Resource Links for ParentsClick or enter to reveal information below
STEM Information and ResourcesClick or enter to reveal information below
- Arizona STEM Network - Online community with over 400 STEM Resources , connecting Business and Educators.
- Women In Stem by MoneyGeek - Seeing as women in STEM jobs earn 33 percent more than those in non-STEM occupations, MoneyGeek.com felt compelled to empower young women interested in these careers by creating a guide that includes a breakdown of programs and degrees, financial aid, advice from female STEM professionals and more.
- eGFI Enginnering Go For It! - great websitte by the American Society for Engineering Education that provides resources for teachers, students, and families.
- STEMJOBS - resource for learning more about STEM opportunities and about your own STEM type.