Community Data Sources
State Data Sources
“If the statistics are boring,
then you've got the wrong numbers.”
— Edward R. Tufte
- ASU's ArizonaIndicators.org - Topic categories include everything from Education, Health and Human Services (incl. Homelessness, Food Banks, Foster Homes, Housing) to Transportation and Demographics.
- SouthernArizonaIndicators.org - This is The United Way's & the Community Foundation of Southern Arizona's version of Arizona Indicators. It includes topics ranging from Borders and Family Well-Being to Health and Public Safety.
- Rainlog.org, Data Search Engine for Arizona, and Rain Mapper - This site also includes links to data about weather and climate including the National Weather Service for Phoenix, AZ, Tucson, AZ and other Arizona services like the Pima County Flood Control District, UA's Atmospheric Sciences Weather Products, USGS Surface-Water Data for Arizona, Arizona Climate Summaries, and the U.S. Drought Monitor.
National Data Sources
- EPA EnviroFacts - Your one stop source for environmental information.
- USGS National Map - Includes downloadable desktop app that enables layered viewing of ecosystems, protected areas, wetlands, national parks, hazard responce info for floods and wildfires, etc
- National Atlas Map Maker - Easy to use map builder that allows you to add a variety of layers (e.g agriculture, biology, boundaries, climate, environment, geology, government, history, transportation, water)
- USGS Arizona Water Resource Center
To view advanced GIS datasets that you can upload in layers onto ArcGIS maps, click AZMESA Map